- Hits: 16071
- A person who has resided or lived in Zimbabwe for a continuous period o five years on a residence permit or on a dependant residence permit is eligible for permanent residence application. However, this does not apply to a holder of a Temporary Employment Permit.
- Employees of Non Governmental Organizations (NGO’s), those on Government to government agreement contracts and on Diplomatic posting, do not qualify for permanent residence regardless of having lived in Zimbabwe for a continuous period of five years or more.
- Expatriates working for the Government must have their applications supported by the line Ministry.
RESUMPTION OF RESIDENCE
- A permanent resident who has been absent from Zimbabwe for a continuous period not exceeding five years may apply for resumption of residence.
- Proof of previous lawful residence and evidence of financial means should be supplied.
- A non refundable statutory fee of US$500.00 on submission of application.
- Applications are not considered while applicants are in the country.
- Two passport size photographs certified true likeness of applicant are required in all cases.
- In the case of married couples, divorcees and widows, marriage, divorce and death certificates are required respectively.
- A valid Radiological Certificate confirming applicant is free from active pulmonary tuberculosis is required.
NB: All requisite documents are to be submitted in duplicate.