- Hits: 19397
This is an authority given by the Department of Immigration to foreigners to work for an organization or company registered in Zimbabwe.
NB: For the purpose of a Temporary Employment Permit, work means any activity (paid or unpaid) but, in the interest of any business undertaking operating in Zimbabwe.
- Professionals offering scarce skills which are not readily available in Zimbabwe
- Journalists on assignments
- Short term Temporary Employment Permits (6 months) for personnel on short contracts
- Foreign Researchers – who must, in the first instance, be cleared by the Research Council of Zimbabwe.
The employer lodges an application to engage a foreign national to the Principal Director with the following:
- A non-refundable statutory fee of US$500.00
- Residence Permit Application forms completed by applicant.
- Letter of offer of employment in Zimbabwe by the prospective employer indicating the capacity in which applicant is to be employed and salary and conditions of service.
- Letter from the prospective employer requesting a Temporary Employment Permit stating the period required.
- Documentary evidence in English of qualifications and experience in the proposed occupation i.e. certified copies of degrees, diplomas, certificates and testimonials.
- Two recently taken full face passport size photos of the applicant. (Both to be certified at the back as a true likeness of the applicant).
- Certified copies of Birth Certificate.
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable).